Taking On The Complexities Of Mass Tort Litigation
With the manufacture and sale of a product comes a legal obligation to ensure that what the manufacturers introduce to the market is safe. When they fall short in those obligations, they are putting consumers at risk. Knowing the risks and failing to inform the public takes away informed decision-making and puts buyers at risk.
Mass tort litigation is a complex area of the law involving several consumers suffering harm from the same product, regardless of the individual outcomes. Unlike class action cases, mass tort involves multiple plaintiffs filing individual claims pursued separately.
Successful In Holding Negligent Product Manufacturers Accountable
Experience in this specific area of the law is paramount. At Powell & Majestro P.L.L.C., we possess the resources to take on large and complicated cases while providing the personalized service and approachability that comes with a small law office.
Specific cases in our practice of mass tort litigation includes:
- Talcum powder use that increased the risk of uterine and ovarian cancer
- Roundup weed killer containing glyphosate, which exposed users to carcinogens that increased their chances of contracting blood cancer
- IVC filters resulting in serious side effects to patients at risk for pulmonary embolisms
- Hernia mesh implants resulting in infections and additional surgeries
- Fluoroquinolones antibiotics that increased the risk of aortic aneurysms and dissections
Our attorneys possess a track record of success in mass tort, and other large and complicated litigation. In fact, many trials where we prevailed started with our clients being turned away by other lawyers.
Take Action Today And Contact Our Law Office
Schedule an initial consultation today at Powell & Majestro P.L.L.C. in West Virginia. Call a lawyer at our Charleston-based law office today by calling 800-650-2889. You can also reach us via email.